Renault Auxiliary Belt Kit
At Renault Parts Direct we can offer a Renault Auxiliary Kit for any Renault model. A Renault auxiliary belt kit is supplied with a belt and a tensioner, some also come with a roller pulley. These are genuine Renault parts supplied at fantastic prices. We are able to bulk buy our stock so we can pass on the savings to you, the customer!
Select the correct Renault auxiliary belt kit for your vehicle:
- Select the vehicle model on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select Engine / Service kits.
- Scroll down to Renault Auxiliary Belt Kit.
- Select and add to basket.
If you are still unsure as to what Renault Auxiliary belt kit is correct for your vehicle you can contact one of our part experts on 01793-645642. Or, send us a message through our Contact Us page and we will come back to you as soon as possible.
What does a Renault Auxiliary Belt Kit do?
The Auxiliary belt can also be called a serpentine belt or drive belt. It is one long belt that winds down the end of the engine connected to a number of components. It keeps your alternator, power steering pump, air conditioning and — in some cases — your water pump running smoothly and effectively. As the auxiliary belt gets older it can become worn, fray, crack or become smooth and slippery. A belt slipping will often result in a squeaking or squealing noise from the engine bay. A cracking belt may not create a noise so it is important to carry out a visual inspection of the belt regularly.
- If cracks appear, as in the picture on the left it is important to change the belt as soon as possible.
- Some belts may not crack which makes it more difficult to determine the condition of the belt.
- High mileage belts can still look new, but grooves on the underside may be worn allowing the belt to slip.
- Belt slip or cracking can lead to a range of engine problems.
Why should you replace your Renault auxiliary belt kit?
Driving a vehicle with an old or cracking belt is an issue waiting to happen. If your belt breaks or slips it will wear out everything connected to it. This can result in severe damage to the power steering pump, the alternator and air conditioning.
When replacing your Renault auxiliary belt it is also important to change the belt tensioner. All our Renault auxiliary belt kits come with a tensioner. Tensioners are designed to hold a certain amount of tension on the auxiliary belt. These Tensioners hold the belt in the correct position and keeps the belt from slipping. Over a period of time, the spring in the tensioner can wear and will need to be replaced. If there is not enough tension the belt can come off its pulleys and the engine will stop running!
Take a look at some of our Renault Auxiliary Belt Kits here:
- Renault Megane Auxiliary Belt Kit – Suitable for the Megane 225/R26
- Renault Clio Auxiliary Belt Kit – Suitable for the Clio 172/182
- Renault Clio Auxiliary Belt Kit – Suitable for the Clio 197/200
- Search for your Renault Auxiliary Belt Kit here